Saturday, July 16, 2016

Interview with the Teachers

Martin Kennedy

- Where are you from, Martin?

I’m from County Donegal in Ireland. It is in the north of Ireland but it is not in Northern Ireland.

- What do you work as?

I am a primary school teacher.

- What do you think about being a teacher?

-I like seeing young people succeed and I love being able to help them achieve their dreams.

-Is the first time you have been here, at the Oratory School as a teacher of the English summer course?

This is my third time here.

-What do you like doing in your free time?

I like playing tennis, going to the cinema and playing and watching Gaelic Football and hurling. I also lead  a youth club in my local town.

-What do you think is essential for practising English?

-It is very important to use the language as much as possible and to be proactive in your own learning.  No one can learn a language for you, you must try your best always.

-What is your main purpose to reach at this summer course?

My main purpose is to help these students improve their English and to have fun doing it!

-How much do you earn as a teacher here for this month?

If I answer I might get fired!

-Who is the teacher who most inspires you?

Rita Pierson. Because she says that every child deserves a champion and this has inspired me to be the best teacher I possibly can be.

-Do you the like food from the United Kingdom?
Yes because it is very similar to the food in Ireland, like potatoes.

By Jacobo Gimeno and Juan Carlos Otero

No comments:

Post a Comment