Friday, July 07, 2017

Interview with an English teacher: Sir. Damian.

1 To start the interview we would like to know you better.  Tell us about your childhood, your parents, where are you from, at what school did you study…?
I was born in Manchester later y lived in Portugal  for some years and nowadays I am leaving in the English city of Yorkshire. The think I will ever appreciate of my parents is that they always encourage me. I studied in saint john fisher school in Yorkshire.St John fisher was killed by Henry VIII

2 we know that your favourite sport is rugby.  Why? Could you explain us  shortly what it consists? This sport it isn’t so famous in Spain.
Rugby is a contact sport in which the opponent can tackle you. There are fifteen players in each team. In my opinion rugby is a very friendly sport between players of both teams. It is no so violent as it seems. When players perform their game properly then the match is a nice one.

3 We see you carry a crutch. Did you have an accident? Tell us.
This happened when I was playing rugby. I injured my knee because I felt and someone very strong fell over me and tackled me.

4 You are an English teacher. What made you think to become a teacher? In what university did you study? How come did you end here in the Oratory School?
Actually I am a summer teacher. I’m studying in university to be a doctor. But I like to teach in a friendly atmosphere. I am in my fourth year in university and I’d like to study anatomy as well. I want to become a surgeon.

5 Are you happy being here? Do you like the school facilities? Tell us your point of view to improve the school.
This is my third year in this school. It is a great school and it is quite well. To improve they should try to get things closer and make voyages shorter between buildings. For a disabled guy like me right now this is very annoying.

6 What are you exactly doing here?
I teach English classes and I also help out in the evening activities with first aids and survival skills.

7 What is your favourite thing in the summer course?
We have many sports to practise and good facilities.

8 How are you teaching children in class?
I try to make fun of it, being relaxed and enjoying our time here in England because a book doesn’t have life, and English teacher does.

9 How would you explain to our parents that a native person is better than a Spanish one to teach English?

Of course there is an important difference because a person from a native can make the language alive whilst a formal teacher only will show you what the books say.

Mateo Segués and Alejandro Ortea



1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! Rugby it's a good sport, like American Football. Bravo Alejandro and Mateo.

    ReplyDelete